Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Hello! My name is Cindy, also known as snowfern, and I am setting up a journal to document my preparations for a wedding tentatively set for the 20th of September 2015.

My fiance, hereforth known as "L", and I have been dating seriously since July 2005, and we are finally getting hitched!

I will be turning 38 this year, and yes, wedding planning is more than a little daunting as I have never been very sociable, and kept very few people close to me, and they aren't very conventional either. So why am I having to do all this?

The main reason is my future mother-in-law is very sociable, rather conservative, and very traditional, and it is her wish that her only son hold a Traditional Chinese Wedding. Although I can be very stubborn, I also can be very blase when it comes to social obligations. Since I will be living with her, I do not plan to ruin the 2nd half of my life over a....well, what I hope to be an easy and relatively painless social occasion. My family is probably just pleased that someone actually loves me enough to marry me *semi-sweet laughter*

The fiance is an easygoing being, and we plan to make the most of it,  and I probably will go through some neurotic fits and anxieties, and in the spirit of 'making the most of it', keeping a positive and humorous attitude towards the preparation and FINAL MISSION by journaling all the important stuff.

I hope you enjoy reading my 'wedding' blog. :)

(also - happy birthday to L!)

No comments:

Post a Comment